Friday, January 16, 2009

January 06, 2009

Today marks the first of every Tuesday where our school will have concerts during University Hour. Along with the concert, they had other activities going along in the campus, the most noticeable one, to me, was the protest to raise awareness of what is going on in Gaza.

Anyway, the band, Breezy Love Joy, was singing one of their songs as the protest started. He sang, “I just want to be free, set me free, I want to feel free.”

As he uttered those words the 30-40 students protesting passed by, each holding a different sign, to give an awareness to the students enjoying the concert.

A student with the biggest poster stepped forward from the back of the stage, it read, "End the Siege on Gaza." He continued to walk forward.

His eyes met mine, and with his stare I was aware not only of the deaths of hundreds, for the past few days, but the death of the personal soul. He stared. The vocalist sang, “Set me free-e-e.” The back up singers followed. They all sang for freedom.

The sounds and the stare resonated into my body. The protesters continued to walk. With each step they created ripples in my head. One thought to another, it was forever continuous.

The last of the protesters passed, and the vocalist whispered, “I just want to be free.”
_______________________________
I know this isn't fiction, but I haven't had time to edit and write chapter two. It will be up soon. I'm a bit disappointed that no one commented on this blog, but I was happy to see that my deviantart account and fiction press got traffic and people commented. Anyway, I'll get to writing chapter two. For now, I will post random blogs and short stories. I will not talk about my day, but I'm thinking of getting another blogspot so I can blog about my day. Maybe, I will.
Anyway, I believe I subscribed to all of my followers. I thought I had done it before, but I guess not. I'll be reading your posts too (:

2 comments:

Chonda said...

Update your blog, i want to know what's up.

Ivy and Haley said...

Good story! Sweet, but pure.

I also really like what you wrote on post secret.

Come visit our blog! And comment please, we love comments :)
http://ivyandhaley.blogspot.com

Ivy